Sunday, September 11, 2011

Camping



As a continuation of birthday celebrations Paul and I took off to the American Fork canyon to spend a night camping together. This was one of my first real experiences camping although I must say they really make camping easier than I thought. They have drive up spots to park your car, walk twenty feet and you have your own private area to pitch your tent, an open fire pit complete with a fire grill, as well as a picnic table. I enjoyed the accommodations that made the camping more comfortable. The campground also includes restrooms though I would call them a "comfortable accommodation." Paul was able to put to use his new fishing pole. We arose earlier than I was expecting and headed down to the beautiful lake to catch some breakfast. Lucky for me I anticipated a lacking or late breakfast and brought a few snacks to accompany the fish Paul would soon catch. After about two hours Paul found success! He caught a beautiful whopping 8 inch rainbow trout! I let Paul do the honors of gutting and cleaning the fish out and then we roasted it over a nice mid morning fire. All in all camping was much more enjoyable than I anticipated; though I don't think I will regularly pack everything from in my house into my car only to unload outside in the cold to become dirty and absorb the smell of smoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment