Monday, September 26, 2011

Food


Food has become our obsession, not that it wasn't before but now we just can't help ourselves. I would bet my life on the fact that after ever meal we eat or after every dessert, Paul is convinced that it was the best thing he has ever eaten. Even when we repeat a meal the one we're eating is a million times better than the one before. If nothing else Paul's amazement for our home cooked meals gives me a little boost. This particular meal was one of our favorites. It's "healthy" just the way we like it. The salad is the easiest thing in the world to make but Paul has determined that it is the best salad in the world, which he declares each time we eat it. And we had a new favorite dish on the side this time.It is a simple barbecue chicken salad. My sister is always finding good recipes and blogs about food. Our favorite is http://www.ourbestbites.com/. One day she stumbled upon mozzarella cheesesticks. We just had to try them. And try them we did and now each day crave them we do. They were the most delightful little deep fried pieces of heaven.


Now for a dessert that almost stole my husbands heart from me. It is an extremely simple brownie dish. The cream layer is a combination of whipping cream and vanilla pudding. Unfortunately our home does not own a set of egg beaters so all of our beating is done by hand.
Its a good thing my husband is so fit and full of stamina. he whipped a carton of heavy whipping cream by hand. I think he blood, sweat, and tears is what did the trick to make this dessert so delicious. Typically I've done this with berries but we have been buying sacks of peaches so our fridge is full of them. we cut up some peaches, layered that tasty dessert and it was a match made in heaven. Like I said before, I almost lost my husband to this brownie delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment