Sunday, August 12, 2012

Late Summer

It's been a busy summer. Full of work, play, and family. As the last post said, the Johnson's moved in. My mom and dad, along with Melanie and Andrew moved to Providence. Mom and Dad are absolutely loving it. Yesterday Mom told me that she felt there has been no adjustment and she hasn't missed Washington at all. I'm really happy for her. Dad also seems to be loving it here. The weather allows them to explore and do what they want in the outdoors. Here in Utah, it won't end right after summer either. Andrew is up and down about the move. I think so far it just seems like a normal vacation to Utah, but he seems a bit stressed for school coming up. Melanie has loved being close to family, and got offered a job as a para educator to help kids read. She's so excited, and can't stop talking about it.
Now for us. Caitlyn is starting her school training in a week. She has been preparing all summer. She's prepared her classroom in a nautical theme and it looks great! She bought a little boat shaped bookshelf. She has ocean animal decorations all over the place, and a lighthouse on the outdoor bulletin board. It really does look great. I can see Cait getting excited to teach. As expected it is a daunting task, starting a new job, let alone a new career. It has been a little stressful, but she has done everything necessary to prepare. I'm so proud of her, and know she will be a great teacher. Those little 4th graders will love her so much. They'll remember her forever. I have been thinking lately of the impact she will make on so many kids. What a great example she is to me.
It's been a busy summer for me too. Work has been good. I've learned a bit about coding and have designed the website for pcmi group. it was a great learning experience and i hope i can use it in the future. I decided i wanted to get my real estate license so i have been taking classes to get my real estate license in Washington State. I think it will end up being something good to put on my resume, and hopefully it will help me make some money at pcmigroup. I am 2/3 done with the class as of now, and should hopefully finish by the end of the month.
I took classes this summer, and am scheduled to graduate next april, though i'm still struggling with what i want to end up doing with my career. We'll see. It will all work out. It's something I think about a lot, but i have confidence i will figure it out.
Other than that, we've been having fun going to the lake, watching the olympics, making fun foods, and enjoying being married. It's been a great summer.





No comments:

Post a Comment